We Speak Punjabi, Hindi, Malayalam, Urdu, Pashto, and Spanish.

Immigrating to Canada can be challenging.

With so many different immigration categories and extensive documentation to do, it can be overwhelming sometimes. In times like this, having an immigration lawyer with exceptional legal expertise and vast experience can help.

At Cambria Law, we take care of all your immigration and associated needs and requirements to ensure that the most successful outcomes occur.

Types of Immigration Cases

Are you having trouble with your refugee or asylum claim application? Or maybe you need help with the refugee or asylum appeals procedure. In either case, our skilled immigration claims lawyer can help. They can help throughout the whole procedure and help you navigate any hurdles that come in the way. Canada is a multicultural and diverse country. It upholds its Charter of Rights and Freedoms, which affords its citizens and permanent residents the freedom from discrimination of any kind. Unfortunately, few countries do not grant the same fundamental rights and freedom to their citizens and residents. Canada welcomes refugees and asylum seekers to come and live in Canada provided they qualify as per its legal rules and regulations.

Refugee claims have specific processes including a basis of the claim form and a hearing. Get more information about Refugee and Asylum claims today!

The study permit process begins with getting accepted by an accredited designated learning institution (DLI). Consult the experienced immigration experts at Cambria Law to increase your chances of approval.

Work permits allow foreign nationals to legally work in Canada. Generally, an employer must prove to the government that their labour needs can’t be met locally and they need to hire foreign talent.

Allow foreign nationals to stay in Canada up to 6 months at a time. They are among the visas most often applied for and most often rejected.

Allow parents or grandparents of Permanent Residents and Canadian Citizens to stay in Canada for up to 2 years at a time. The sponsor must meet certain income requirements, write an invitation letter and purchase medical insurance for their parents/grandparents. You must establish that your parents/grandparents will return to their home countries upon completion of their visit.

This pathway is currently a lottery system that allows a pool of eligible sponsors to obtain Permanent Residence for their parents/grandparents.

One of the requirements for both inside Canada and outside Canada applicants is to prove their relationship is genuine. This is done through photos, evidence of one-on-one communication (texts, video calls, emails, etc.), and/or legal/civil documentary evidence.

The single biggest source of Permanent Residents to Canada is Express Entry. There are 3 streams: 

  1. Canadian Experience Class (CEC) – The minimum requirement is 1 year of cumulative NOC 0, A, or B work experience in Canada in the last 3 years.
  2. Federal Skilled Class (FSW) – At least 1 year of continuous foreign work experience in the last 10 years in NOC 0, A, or B.
  3. Federal Skilled Trades (FST) – At least 2 years of work experience in the following NOC Codes – 72, 73, 82, 92, 632, or 633.

Each province is awarded a certain number of nominations every year by the federal government. Each province has different immigration streams that allow candidates to be nominated for permanent residency based on certain qualifying criteria.